Who we are
The Association for Journalism and Online Media is a non-profit organization founded by journalists in the city of Iaši.
The organization’s mission is to offer professional training, to develop the critical thinking of journalists and students interested in online journalism and in the impact of digital media on journalism and society, in general.
· Professional training for journalists on topics such as new media formats, social media, interactive storytelling, etc.
· Organizing seminaries, workshops, and debates on different topics: journalism and society, digital media, ethics and online legislation, etc.
· Informing and educating the community about the role of the media and about how using new technologies can consolidate and protect democracy and freedom of speech.
· Collaborating with other NGOs, Romanian and foreign.
· Developing an interactive platform for journalists, students, and the community in general.
· Raising the level of media literacy among high school students.
· Freedom of speech
· Professional and social responsibility
· Local community